WE ARE HIRING
1/ Setting Out / Site Engineer (Full Time Role)
2/ Site Manager (Full Time Role)
We are an established Donegal based construction company who specialise in the construction of Quality Housing Developments. Due to expansion we now have an opportunity for two positions within our team. Both roles will be based in Donegal with travel to sites as required in the Northwest
Role Nr 1 – Setting Out/Site Engineer Position (Large Scale Housing Developments in Donegal)
Key qualities required
- Relevant Qualification in Civil Engineering / Construction Management with proven experience in a similar role delivering to a high standard, on program and safely
- Ability to setting out using manual level, total stations, GPS equipment
- Ability to manipulate design setting out data within relevant software packages such as AutoCAD 360.
- Provide assistance to the Site Manager , inspect and supervise the works of subcontractors and report progress to senior management
Role Nr 2 – Site Manager (Large Scale Housing Development in Donegal)
Key qualities required
- An in-depth knowledge of civil engineering and residential construction with proven experience in a similar role, delivering to a high standard, on program and safely
- Ability to manage direct labour and plant resources efficiently
- Co-ordinate and manage the works of subcontractors
- Ability to manage weekly and monthly construction programmes
- Knowledge of traditional and timber-frame housing is a benefit but not essential
Skill set required for both roles;
- Ensure all site works complies with the design, quality, safety and environmental policies and requirements of the company procedures with good eye for detail
- Read and review construction drawings and raising queries as necessary and ability to problem solve
- Have a good practical and technical background in the construction sector
- Be a strong communicator with good people skills, ambitious and a team player
- Ideal candidate will have a full clean driving licence
Terms negotiable depending on experience.
Closing date for both applications Friday 2nd October 2020
If you think you are the person for either role and would like to join our team please forward your CV and cover letter (stating which role applied) marked for the attention of the Managing Director to GDC (Irl) Ltd, Kilderry, Muff, Co Donegal F93 XA38, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDC value the importance and are fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities, mutual respect, diversity and dignity at work for our employees.
The satisfaction we derive from developing high quality sustainable homes is enhanced by the teamwork and dedication by our employees.
If you would like to join our team at GDC (Irl) Ltd, please complete the form below and we will review your details in line with vacancies as they arise.