In order to help you choose your new home in as smooth and stressfree way as possible we have prepared a step by step guide to help you “Avoid a Housing Headache” and make the right decision first time.
Choosing A Property
- Is the property well designed throughout and compatible with your needs and the needs of your family.
- Is the property covered by a 10 year Homebond (or equivalent) guarantee
- Does the property have an “A” Energy Rated BER certificate and all specification that comes with that
- Is the property constructed to a high standard using skilled craftsmen and traditional methods.
- Is the property certified by a suitably qualified professional to be in compliance with the relevant building regulations and planning permission
Choosing a Development
- Is the development in a good location and in good proximity to the town centre, local shops, schools, etc.
- Is the development professionally designed and completed with good open spaces that are well located, landscaped and enjoyable for all to use.
- Does the development have an active and professionally managed Management Company.
- Are the developments’ open spaces maintained to a high standard
Choosing a Developer
- Does the developer have experience in and a reputation for delivering “A” Energy Rated homes and developments that are completed to the highest standards.
- Does the developer provide dedicated staff to deal with all your queries – before you buy, during the sales process and most importantly a good aftersales service